Roast elk recipes can be similar to beef recipes the only difference is time and temperature of cooking. Elk and bison are very similar in temperature and time of cooking because they both are very lean cuts of meat, so you can interchange these recipes with bison as well. They both need time to rest after cooking. During this time they continue to cook even off the cooking source and is when they drink up their juices.
Here are some great Venison and Elk easy crock pot recipes
Jennifer’s Minnesota Valley Ranch Elk Roast
- Place an elk roast in a crock pot.
- Sprinkle one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- Mix over it and cook on low for about 5 hours.
Serve on rolls.
The meat will fall apart and will be moist and delicious.
If you have any doubts about your roast being dry in the beginning, add one cup of water.
Brian’s Iowa Crock Pot Roast with French Dressing
- Place a medium Elk Roast in Crock Pot.
- Season with salt, pepper, crushed garlic, and fresh or dried onion flakes.
- Add full bottle of French Dressing.
- Add 1 bottle green olives, halved, and without seeds.
- Optional: Add 1-2 Tablespoons of Crushed Red Pepper to French Dressing
- Mix for those that like some bite!
Trey’s New York Slow Cooked Catalina Venison/Elk Roast
Slow Cooker Elk Roast….This is simple and well worth the wait.
- Take one average Elk 4 lb Roast
- soak in salt water if preferred.
- Add to Crock pot
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sliced onions and green peppers
- Pour in one large bottle of Catalina Dressing
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat is falling off the bone
Great on burger buns.
Mary’s Smothered Shoulder Roast – Texas
- 1 Elk shoulder roast
- salt & pepper
- Rub salt & pepper into shoulder.
- Smother in mayonnaise.
- Wrap shoulder in bacon.
- Put in heavy lidded pot.
- Add garlic and any vegetables that you like (onions, potatoes, carrots).
- Cover and cook overnight over a low fire (temp.).
Smell the good smell all night long and wake up to a wonderful cooked elk shoulder.
Bud & Taci’s Nebraska Coca Cola Elk Roast
- 1 4 lb Elk roast (bison will do as well)
- 2 large white Onions cut large cubes
- 1 cup of celery chopped 4 garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper (to Taste)
- 2 12 oz Cokes
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- Hamburger Buns
- BBQ Sauce .
- Poke holes in the roast with a carving fork.
- Place Roast in Crock Pot with Salt, Pepper, Onion, celery, garlic and Coca Cola.
- Slow cook all day…start this one in the morning, before work. Once you get home check the roast. It should fall apart. Remove meat from pot and chop meat up into small pieces, drain and put in mixing bowl. Drain off juice from vegetables in the pot. Pour the veggies from the crock pot into the mixing bowl, adding the raisins and BBQ sauce (enough to your liking).
Mix well and serve over buns with chips.
This is a great Tailgate.